Saturday, January 31, 2009

Roxanne Celebration of Life - Program p. 1


A couple of days before the memorial event for Roxanne, I started compiling passages from Roxanne's writings. I felt she wouldn't mind sharing these if she was alive. I included a song, a poem, a letter from a school days friend, and some images. There are 8 pages in all. In the cover image, which is cropped from Chris' original, she is looking down at a gorgeous husky (picture appears elsewhere in this blog); I saw her sweetness and love in this shot (taken by a friend), so that's why I included it on the cover. There are so many people to thank, who helped put on this celebration, and all spoken contributions were very welcome. I wish we could have included everyone.

The food was provided by Phil Gelb ("In the mood for food", musician/vegan chef/caterer, who contributed some wonderful creative and light dishes, including a raw beet pate (beets ground up with various nuts and seeds and daikon), a pilaf of two kinds of quinoa, a black bean chili and a blood orange/fennel salad. A meal worthy of Roxanne who had a very refined palate! It's all for you, Roxanne... It has been a way of closure for me, to work on this compilation. As we printed only limited numbers of this program, I wanted a way to share it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Emily, for the beautiful program, which so eloquently celebrates Roxanne's memory. Thank you, Kimberly, for hosting in your delightful home. Thank you lady whose last name is hope (I forgot your first one), Doug, George, Diane, and everybody who made the gathering honoring Roxanne so moving and meaningful. I am grateful to each of you for you have helped me find a sense of closure after Roxanne's passing away. I still miss Roxanne, though...
Robert Alminana
robert@hallalminana.com

the buenaventurians said...

You're welcome, Robert. I really enjoyed hearing about Roxanne's qualities as a real estate agent and how she figured out better than you what your dream house was! But how did she do it? The "dog" essay part was absolutely charming.